New Team-Up Trailer Unveiled as New York Comic Con Hosts World Premiere
DC UNIVERSE reveals sneak peek of upcoming animated series Harley Quinn featuring Kaley Cuoco as the voice of Harley; Voice cast also includes Jason Alexander, Wanda Sykes, Lake Bell, Alan Tudyk, JB Smoove, Ron Funches, and more
Brendan Fraser makes guest appearance to announce Matt Bomer as voice of Negative Man in spinoff live-action series Doom Patrol
Iconic 1984 film Supergirl, David Goyer’s live-action series Krypton, and original animated movies Reign of The Supermen, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, and Batman: Hush, to join DC UNIVERSE line-up!!
At the world premiere of Titans, held in conjunction with New York Comic-Con, DC UNIVERSE unveiled a new trailer for the much anticipated live-action original produced by Warner Bros. Television. Titans follows a team of young heroes as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Ahead of the season one debut of Titans on October 12, the live-action show has been picked up for a second season exclusively on the all new DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service.
DC UNIVERSE also revealed a sneak peek of the upcoming animated series Harley Quinn (2019) featuring Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory) who will voice the lead role. The adult animated comedy series follows Harley’s adventures, where alongside ragtag crew of DC castoffs, she tries to earn a seat at the biggest table in villainy: the Legion of the Doom. The strong voice cast for Harley Quinn also includes comedic talents such as Lake Bell (In a World…, Wet Hot American Summer series, Childrens Hospital), Alan Tudyk (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Ron Funches (Powerless), JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Wanda Sykes (Black-ish), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Natalie Morales (Bojack Horseman), Jim Rash (Mike Tyson Mysteries), Diedrich Bader (Veep), Tony Hale (Arrested Development, Veep), Chris Meloni (Happy!, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit).
Additionally, Brendan Fraser (Crash, The Mummy), who will voice Robotman, announced that Matt Bomer (White Collar, American Horror Story) has been cast as Larry Trainor/Negative Man in Doom Patrol (2019). The upcoming live-action spinoff is a reimagining of one of DC’s strangest group of outcasts led by the mysterious Dr. Niles Caulder. These announcements expand the impressive list of talent signing on to DC UNIVERSE originals, including Joivan Wade (Doctor Who, The First Purge) as Cyborg in Doom Patrol and Jennifer Beals (Flashdance, Taken, The L Word) as Sheriff Lucilia Cable in Swamp Thing.
“This is just the beginning of our journey to open up the world of DC for our fans,” said Craig Hunegs, President, Warner Bros. Digital Networks. “With new originals, digital comics, and a growing community forum, we’re delivering an immersive experience that blends page and screen, creating a place where fans can share their passions for their favorite superheroes and storylines like never before. With our first original series, Titans, debuting this month we are truly offering an exclusive experience fans have always clamored for.”
Coming soon to DC UNIVERSE:
- Fans can see the cast of Titans team up in a new trailer revealed for the first season debuting October 12 as well as catch a sneak peek for the upcoming adult animated comedy series Harley Quinn.
- 1984 classic film Supergirl starring Helen Slater will be released on October 5 and be available through the end of 2018. After losing a powerful orb, Kara, Superman's cousin, comes to Earth to retrieve it and instead finds herself up against a wicked witch.
- In 2019 DC Universe original animated movies Reign of The Supermen, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, and Batman: Hush will join the DC UNIVERSE service.
- David Goyer’s live-action series Krypton will also premiere on DC UNIVERSE in 2019. Season 1 previously aired on the SYFY network and will now become available to DC UNIVERSE members. Set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet, Krypton follows Superman’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.
- Created exclusively for DC UNIVERSE, a new prequel comic book for Young Justice: Outsiders will accompany the exclusive original animated series in 2019 and will be created by producer Greg Weisman and artist Christopher Jones.
- Additionally, new comics being released in October on DC UNIVERSE include New Teen Titans (#13 - #20) from 10/2 – 10/15 and New Teen Titans (#21 - #41) from 10/16 – 10/29, Batman: The Long Halloween from 10/23 – 11/5, and Batman: Dark Victory from 10/30 – 11/12.
Celebrating New York Comic Con:
- Titans cast signing event: Following on the Titans Premiere, New York Comic Con fans will be able to attend a signing event in the DC booth #SC01. Series stars Brenton Thwaites (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales), Teagan Croft (The Osiris Child), Anna Diop (24: Legacy), Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6: The Series), Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) and Alan Ritchson (Blood Drive) will be on hand to meet and greet fans at 1:15pm - 2:00pm on Friday, October 5.
- DC DAILY: The ultimate news show for DC fans airing daily on DC UNIVERSE, will be filming episodes live from New York Comic Con bringing the latest news, events and talent directly to members. DC Daily is the place to see new promotional content, highlights of new features and giveaways.
- Exclusive rewards: Any DC UNIVERSE members who visit the DC UNIVERSE section of DC booth SC01 will receive an exclusive Titans gift bag and exclusive Robin pin.
Launched on Batman Day, DC UNIVERSE is a first-of-its-kind digital subscription service that gives fans access to exclusive content and experiences not available anywhere else. At $7.99 per month or $74.99 annually (plus taxes, where applicable), membership includes all-new original live-action and animated series, classic TV series and films, epic original animated movies, a curated selection of digital comic books, breaking news, an expansive DC-centric encyclopedia, access to exclusive merchandise, and much more. DC UNIVERSE is available in the U.S. on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV and the Roku platform, as well as the web and mobile web.