2) If you meet our eligibility criteria, let us know your favorite favorite panel or moment from last week's DC comic books in the comments for the entry video. Make certain your comment includes the hashtag #MYDCAASWEEPSTAKESENTRY. This is necessary for your entry to count!
Prize: One Limited Edition Batman: The Killing Joke San Diego Comic-Con Poster
ARV = $10.00
The giveaway ends at 9:59 a.m. PST on August 8, 2016. After then, we’ll randomly select one winner from the eligible entries. Good luck and thanks for watching!
DC ALL ACCESS YOUTUBE CHANNEL BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE POSTER SWEEPSTAKES!
2016 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE THE HASHTAG, “#MYDCAASWEEPSTAKESENTRY”.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. ENTRANTS WHO ARE NOT OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE ("MINOR") MUST HAVE THEIR PARENTS' OR LEGAL GUARDIANS' ("PARENT") CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND SUCH ENTRY WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY THE PARENT. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING) IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS VERIFY THAT THEY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU, A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- SPONSOR: DC Entertainment, 2900 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, California 91505. “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Sponsor, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is (1) open to legal residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, and have a Google account (“Google Account”); (2) void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants who are not of the legal age of majority in their state (“Minor”) must have their parents’ or legal guardians’ (“Parent”) consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and such entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Parent. Employees of DC Entertainment, Telepictures, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., and organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 19, 2016 and ends at 9:59 a.m. PT on July 25, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must:
- Subscribe to the official DC All Access Channel located at: https://www.youtube.com/user/DCEntertainmentTV. You must be a subscriber throughout the Sweepstakes Period, and if you are selected as a potential winner, the notification and confirmation process, to be eligible for a chance to win.
- Click on this DC All Access video (“Sweepstakes Video”) and watch the Sweepstakes Video. In the “Comments” section of the Sweepstakes Video, let us know what was your favorite panel from last week’s DC comic books. Your comment must include the hashtag, “#MYDCAASWEEPSTAKESENTRY” (“Entry”).
If you use a compatible mobile device to participate in this Sweepstakes, standard data and messaging rates may apply based on the terms and conditions of your wireless carrier’s plan. Other charges may apply, such as normal airtime and carrier charges, and may appear on your mobile device bill or be deducted from your mobile device prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on data rate plans and charges relating to you and your participation in this Sweepstakes.
BY (a) SUBSCRIBING TO SPONSOR’S DC ALL ACCESS YOUTUBE CHANNEL, (b) POSTING A COMMENT, AND (c) INCLUDING, “#MYDCAASWEEPSTAKESENTRY”, AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/Google Account/household is allowed per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period. You may only use one (1) Google Account to participate in the Sweepstakes. If more than one such Entry is submitted during the Sweepstakes Period only the first such Entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, accounts, identities or any other methods will disqualify and void all of that participant’s entries.
Your use of YouTube in connection with this Sweepstakes and your posted Entry comment must comply with all applicable YouTube terms (including both the YouTube Community Guidelines and the YouTube Terms of Service). Entries not compliant with YouTube’s terms will be disqualified. Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g. posting a comment, but not including “#MYDCAASWEEPSTAKESENTRY” as provided above) will not be accepted. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of submitting an Entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Entries must be manually key-stroked by entrant. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant.
Once submitted, Entries, including entrant’s comments become the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of YouTube, as applicable), and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting, posting, displaying and/or uploading your comments, submissions, and any other content (collectively, the "Content"), you grant the Sponsor, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and each of its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns ("DC Parties"), the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the Content and all images, text and content included or depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, DVDs, streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages. This includes giving the DC Parties the right to display, reproduce, recreate, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give you any compensation or attribution. The DC Parties will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, the DC Parties will have the right to use the Content, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Additionally, you waive and relinquish all so-called "moral rights” (droit moral) now or hereafter recognized in connection with the Content. You understand and agree that you will not receive any compensation, including without limitation, licensing fees, royalties, payments, etc. from any DC Parties for its use of the Content.
- POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be selected on or about August 29, 2016 via a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period according to Sponsor’s time clock by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winner”). Entrants need not be online during Potential Winner selection to win. Potential Winner will be notified via email or Private Message from Sponsor’s DC All Access account to the Potential Winner’s Google Account of the winning entry (“Prize Notification”). Potential Winner (or Parent if a Potential Winner is a Minor) must respond to the Prize Notification by email or Private Message within three (3) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”), with his/her full name, date of birth, and any additional information (“Information”) requested by Sponsor. If a Potential Winner does not provide the Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries received for the original drawing, if time permits. Once Sponsor receives Potential Winner's Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and any other forms required by Sponsor, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner the winner (“Grand Prize Winner”). If an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, and any other required forms are not required by Sponsor, which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Potential Winner will be named the Grand Prize Winner upon Sponsor’s receipt of the Information, if received by the Deadline. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of the Prize Notification (e.g. undeliverable message or email) through use of Google’s Private Message or any failures of any kind as described in herein. Return of any Prize Notification will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor, in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received for the original drawing, if time permits. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Google Account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
- One (1) BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE POSTER. ARV: $10
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $10.00.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Grand Prize will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Grand Prize, or part of, is subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. To claim the Grand Prize, an entrant may be required to provide additional information to Sponsor (e.g. correct full-name, mailing address, telephone number and/or e-mail address). The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Grand Prize is at Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prize.
- TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize. Any additional expenses not included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and Grand Prize Winner agree to maintain a behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted practices. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant or the Grand Prize Winner if his/her behavior is determined by Sponsor, is unsportsmanlike or is of disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- INTERNET/MOBILE: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, including but not limited to failures of wireless, cellular, or Internet service providers, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or YouTube’s Web site (“Web site”), and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries in a random drawing received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer and mobile device online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that all issues, disputes and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof cannot be otherwise resolved, it must be submitted exclusively to binding arbitration conducted in the county of Los Angeles, and administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (the “JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in California. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding, final and conclusive and shall not be appealable to any court. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, including attorneys’ fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief, and entrant (or the entrant’s parent if entrant is a Minor) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Notwithstanding the above, each entrant agrees that any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Grand Prize awarded or the determination of a Grand Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- PUBLICITY: By accepting the Prize, Grand Prize Winner consents that Sponsor may use Grand Prize Winner’s name, statements concerning the Sweepstakes, photograph, likeness (including without limitation, his/her voice, biographical information, city and state of residence), for purpose of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion, and merchandising purposes without additional compensation or prior approval (except where prohibited by law), and grant all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it.
- WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “DC ALL ACCESS YOUTUBE CHANNEL BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE POSTER SWEEPSTAKES!”, Winner's List/Official Rules, c/o DC Entertainment, 2900 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, California 91505 to be received no later than September 30, 2016.
© 2016 DC Entertainment
All related characters and elements are © & ™ DC Comics or their respective owners.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Google, YouTube, or any other social media sites. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at DCcomicsocial@dcentertainment.com and not YouTube.
Reference to third parties in connection with the prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor for the Sweepstakes.