Celebrate MAD Magazine’s 70th Anniversary!
More Original Content, Including Contributions from ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic and Jordan Peele, a Unique MAD ‘Fold-In,’ and More from ‘The Usual Gang of Idiots’
Available at Participating Comic Book Stores, Barnes & Noble Bookstores, and to Subscribers on October 4
MAD Magazine, one of the longest-running humor publications in America, is celebrating its 70th anniversary with a can’t-miss issue!
Nearly one-half of this 56-page anniversary celebration issue (issue #28) features original content, the most since the publication’s format change in 2019. Not only are current MAD staffers creating and contributing new content, but some of the original and most beloved members of “The Usual Gang of Idiots” are returning with new features, plus original contributions from celebrity MAD Magazine fans “Weird Al” Yankovic and filmmaker/comedian Jordan Peele.
Features for this issue include:
- A new wraparound cover by Mark Fredrickson
- An original MAD feature from “Weird Al” Yankovic celebrating longtime MAD contributor and originator of the MAD Fold-In Al Jaffee, with art by Ed Steckley
- A tribute to MAD Magazine from acclaimed filmmaker and comedian Jordan Peele, featuring the parody MAD cover used in his hit movie NOPE
- “The Bathroom,” a MAD movie parody of The Batman, by longtime MAD contributors Desmond Devlin and Tom Richmond
- A special two-page MAD Fold-In by Johnny Sampson that folds in on itself!
- A new “Another Look at MAD” by maestro Sergio Aragonés
- A “MAD-gical” history tour with Dick DeBartolo, MAD’s longest-contributing writer
- An illustrated look at the classic MAD employee cruise to Bermuda by former MAD EIC John Ficarra and art director Sam Viviano
Remember, this special anniversary issue is only available at participating comic book and Barnes & Noble stores, or by subscription. Check out www.madmagazine.com for more details, the latest stories, and how to subscribe, and be sure to follow @MADmagazine on social media.